WORKSHOP QUALITY CONTROLLER / ROAD TESTER
A truly exciting future.
Al-Zayani is continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey. If you are passionate about safety, creative minded and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. Al Zayani is currently looking for talented, technology driven individuals to join our team as a Workshop Quality controller \ Road tester.
You will work in a large environment with a highly collaborative team of professionals in a rapidly growing luxury automotive organization. You will be instrumental in the implementation of safety initiatives. You would be responsible for conducting a road test drive on vehicles prior to repair or service as well as after it is done to ascertain that the vehicle is ready for delivery.
The role involves ensuring that the vehicle has no defects and is meeting the set of quality and service standards. You would be responsible for communicating any additional fault’s or repair’s requirements to the customer after the final test drive to facilitate approval for further repair as needed.
- Conducts a test drive of the vehicle along with the customer to verify the complaint.
- Identifies the complaints as advised by the service advisor and noting any other defects observed during the road test.
- Prepares a report of the findings and communicate the details to the workshop supervisor to facilitate repair as needed.
- Conduct a test drive to ensure that the initial complaint is resolved.
- This includes notifying the technician if any additional work is required and preparing a report (Final inspection sheet) on information such as jobs that require immediate attention, those that can be done at a later stage and repetitive/return jobs.
- Advises the technician of additional jobs as per the findings in the report to facilitate customer approval for further repair.
- Communicates the final road test results to the technician to ensure that all jobs are completed before the vehicle is ready for collection.
- Parks received and tested vehicles in appropriate areas to ensure ample parking spaces and easy maneuvering.
- Conducts training of customer’s drivers to familiarize them with the vehicle e.g. features, options, operating procedures etc.
- Attends training conducted by Principal Representatives to keep abreast with new technology.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Ability to test vehicles with key attention to details especially when driving.
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to learn new skills and develop both personally and technically.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrate our core values of RESPECT, INTEGRITY, PASSION, EXCELLENCE, INNOVATION & TEAMWORK
- You must have transferable Kuwait residency
WHO DO WE WANT?
- High School Certificate/Diploma (10 years of school education). Automotive technician diploma or equivalent from a recognized institute is desirable.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of vehicle road testing experience in automotive industry with passenger Cars (Few years of technician experience is mandatory).
- Driver’s license (Light vehicle or commercial vehicle/heavy duty).
- Strong technical knowledge of vehicles and their operations.
- Process orientation.
- Safety orientation.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Written and verbal communication in English (other regionally spoken languages including Arabic would be an added advantage).
- PC literacy.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we are unable to respond to everyone individually. Therefore only successful candidates will be contacted before the closing date of 31st January 2020